Image for header

Image for header

Monday, February 18, 2013

Knuckle Ring - Leaves

Inspired by a Black Hills Gold Ring I saw on tv, I created this one.

I soldered the back of the ring, formed it, then soldered the leaves, carefully balancing each one on the charcoal block, using Hard and Easy solder. The plus side of putting the leaves on last -- I could cut the wire to length after it was formed when I could decide where the stems would fall on the finger.

Next time -  I'll try soldering the leaves on first, then solder the ring together, followed by forming it. For this however, I'll have to make sure I have the length of wire just right before starting.

     Nickel Silver, Copper, 18 g., adjustable size 7-9
     Silver plated, heat patina, Renaissance Wax

No comments:

Post a Comment